In collaboration with the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases, the University of the Witwatersrand’s School of Public Health is offering the Postgraduate Training Scholarships program in South Africa.
This educational award is available for all South African and international applicants who want to become more involved in research in the health-related field through this master’s degree program.
The University of the Witwatersrand was established in 1922 as a multi-campus South African public research university. It is the highest ranked university in Africa and also ranked as the top university in South Africa.
Why at the University of the Witwatersrand? At Wits University, applicants will have a great environment of study with excellent teaching facilities. Also, candidates will get chances for developing their personality according to this rapidly changing world.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
Postgraduate Training Scholarships for International Students in South Africa Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Niger, Nigeria, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Togo, Botswana, Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can apply for an MSc Epidemiology in the field of Implementation Science at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: You must be under 35 years and interested in developing a career in implementation research on infectious diseases of poverty.
How to Apply for Postgraduate Training Scholarships for International Students in South Africa
- How to Apply: Candidates are advised to take admission in a postgraduate degree program at the university. Furthermore, send the application with the required documents via email in order to apply for the grant.
- Supporting Documents: A letter of motivation, a certified copy of the bio-data page of the passport, evidence of application to study this program, comprehensive curriculum vitae and two confidential referee reports should be submitted.
- Admission Requirements: The participant must hold an undergraduate degree.
- Language Requirement: You should have good proficiency in the English language.
Postgraduate Training Scholarships for International Students in South Africa Benefits
Funded education will cover the return economy airfare, tuition fees, basic medical and accidental insurance, monthly stipend to cover living expenses including accommodation, and also support for the research project expenses.