The new Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Researcher Fellowships is available for candidates in the foundation years of their postdoctoral careers in either ophthalmology or respiratory disease.
The ISSF at Queen’s University Belfast is designed to develop two of our core research strengths, in ophthalmology and respiratory disease, both of which already have exceptional international reputations.
Queens University Belfast is ranked among the top 200 universities in the world (QS World Rankings 2019). Founded in 1845 as Queen’s College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we’re a member of the Russell Group, combining excellence in research and education with a student-centred ethos.
Queen’s University Belfast Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Research Fellowships for International Students in UK Description:
- Applications Deadline: September 14, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue Postdoctoral research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded to study clinical and biomedical research.
- Scholarship Award: The salary scale for the posts is £32,548 – £38,833 per annum (potential to progress to £42,418 per annum through sustained exceptional contribution) and generous funding is available to assist with research start-up costs.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to five fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Queen’s University Belfast Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Research Fellowships for International Students in UK:
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A relevant degree with a PhD completed in a relevant subject.
- Specific expertise in either of the strategic research areas ophthalmology or respiratory.
- Up to 4 years relevant post PhD experience.
- Evidence of significant contribution to the chosen area of research, e.g. publications, patents, software development or an impact on policy.
- Research interests that are sustainable and which would enhance and complement the research strategy of the University.
- Experience in developing research methodologies and devising models, approaches, critiques and methods.
- Ability to contribute to the wider administration and management processes of the University.
- Sufficient breadth and knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and techniques relevant to the type of research undertaken.
- Experience, achievement and growing reputation in the discipline.
- Strong analytical capability.
- Ability to contribute to the University’s outreach programmes.
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively.
- Ability to manage resources.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of self-motivation while working as part of a wider team.
- Record of research funding, either project or individual postdoctoral.
- Ability to secure grants or contracts independently or as a leader of a team in major projects.
- Teaching and supervision experience within the subject area.
- Ability to lead and manage research projects, including managing budgets, as appropriate.
- Ability to manage and motivate staff.
- Ability to devise, advise on and manage research programmes.
- Experience of supervisory role in research projects of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Ability to supervise work of others in the research team.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Queen’s University Belfast Wellcome Trust ISSF Early Stage Research Fellowships for International Students in UK:
How to Apply: The mode of application is online.