Research Fellowships (Junior/Senior) at University of Ghana in Africa are open apply now. The Maria Sibylla Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) is happy to announce Fellowships for (Junior/Senior) researchers at the University of Ghana from September to December 2019 on “Parliaments and Democracy in Africa”.
Overarching aims of MIASA are working towards a reduction of global asymmetries in knowledge production and bridging the cultural divide between anglophone and francophone Africa. MIASA will serve as a hub for exchange, networking and collaboration amongst leading researchers from Germany, Ghana, the African and European continent and beyond. It will also offer ample funding opportunities for early career researchers.
The Merian initiative is a special initiative by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research which was launched in 2015. Its overarching aim is to support research in the Humanities and Social Sciences in the Global South by establishing and maintaining International Centres (or: Institutes) for Advanced Studies for a period of up to 12 years.
Research Fellowships (Junior/Senior) at University of Ghana in Africa Description:
- Applications Deadline: November 30, 2019
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: MIASA’s three research foci are: sustainable environmental transformation, sustainable conflict management, and sustainable democracy.
- Scholarship Award: The fellow’s salary costs will be met by MIASA on the principle of “no loss, no gain” and paid directly to their home institution Furthermore, all fellows will receive a monthly allowance of 400 €. MIASA will provide accommodation and reimburse travel costs. MIASA will provide a research cost contribution of 150 € per fellow per month which is pooled on the fellow group level and will be spent as determined by the group convenor. The Institute provides its fellows with modern office space and an up-to-date infrastructure. Fellows have full access to all library services.
- Nationality: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility for the Research Fellowships (Junior/Senior) at University of Ghana in Africa
Eligible Countries: Applicants from all around the world are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Eligible for application are junior and senior researchers from all countries after completion of their PhD in a relevant discipline of the Humanities or the Social Sciences. Applicants must propose a research project that matches the research focus of the IFG on “Parliaments and Democracy in Africa”.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Research Fellowships (Junior/Senior) at University of Ghana in Africa Application Procedure
How to Apply: The completed application form together with the required documents has to be uploaded on the application webpage (https://frias.wufoo.com/forms/miasa-fellowships-ifg-parliaments-and-democracy) and submitted by November 30, 2019; 24.00 h CET.