What does it mean to be a researcher? In my eyes, a person who creates and systematic work undertook to increase the stock of knowledge. If you want to be that person, then join the Research Stipend Scholarships program in Australia.
In this context, it is worthwhile to give Australian, New Zealand, and International students an opportunity to conduct their PhD or Masters by research program at RMIT.
RMIT University was established as a college in 1887 and founded as a university in 1992. It is an Australian public research university which ranked 16th in the world.
Why at RMIT University? RMIT University has a pretty good reputation for its teaching and supportive nature towards the students. It also has a great space for research and innovation.
Research Stipend Scholarships for International in Australia Brief Description
- University or Organization: RMIT University
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: $31,000 per annum
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: 2
- Nationality: International
- The program can be taken in Australia
- Application Deadline: September 30, 2019
- Language: English
Research Stipend Scholarships for International in Australia Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Australian, New Zealand citizens and international students are eligible.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can participate in a PhD or a Master by Research degree program at the university.
- Admissible Criteria: Interested candidates are suggested to see the eligibility criteria-
- The participants may be considered by RMIT as having an equivalent level of academic attainment, taking into account previous study, relevant work experience, research publications, and other research experience
- Are able to take receipt of a funding for a minimum 12 months duration on a full-time basis (or part-time equivalent) because of prior enrolment in a graduate research program
- Have not already completed a graduate research program at the same or higher course level. For example, Masters by Research applicants should not have already completed a Masters by Research or PhD
- An aspirant must not previously have held an RMIT or Commonwealth-funded postgraduate research scholarship unless it was terminated within six months of the program’s payments commencing
How to Apply for Research Stipend Scholarships for International in Australia
- Taking the time to prepare an application is worth your while. Hence, you are advised to take admission in a PhD or Masters by Research degree program at the university. If you are provided with an offer of admission and/or scholarship, the offer letter will indicate how to accept your offer.
- Depending on your circumstances, you will need to provide different types of evidence such as transcripts or certificates, language proficiency and etc.
- For being eligible to study at RMIT, you need to satisfy the English language requirements of the university.
Research Stipend Scholarships for International in Australia Benefits
- RSS opportunities are funded by the Australian Government and RRSS opportunities are funded by RMIT University which provides a stipend of $31,000 per annum pro rata (full-time study). This amount is subject to indexation annually.
- Apart from that, International candidates in receipt of this application are also awarded an RTP International Tuition Fee Offset Scholarship (RIFOS) or an RMIT Research International Tuition Fee Scholarship (RRITFS). And all local candidates, Australian, and New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia are provided with an RTP Fee Offset scholarship.
- Applicants in receipt of an RTP Fee Offset scholarship are not required to pay tuition fees for the maximum duration of their candidature.
- A relocation allowance for the cost of relocating in order to take up their postgraduate research program, up to $515 per adult and $255 per child to a maximum of $1,540 will also be provided.