Applications are invited for COTRA MSc Scholarships tenable at Rhodes University (South Africa), and Mzuzu University (Malawi). Scholarships are available for Ugandans to pursue MSc programme.
The EU under its Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme, has provided funding to support an academic partnership “Collaborative Training and Research in Fisheries and Aquaculture in East, Southern and Central Africa (COTRA)” project to training of professionals to achieve sustainable fisheries management and aquaculture resources that shall lead to increased fish production and enhanced food and nutritional security, and hence, improved livelihood and household revenue.
The College of Natural Sciences (CoNAS). CoNAS is one of the now 9 Colleges established under the collegiate system at Makerere University. The College teaches basic sciences namely: biochemistry, botany, chemistry, geology and petroleum studies, mathematics, physics, zoology and sports science. The College services students from other colleges thereby providing foundations for the applied sciences offered throughout the University.
Rhodes University COTRA MSc Scholarship for Ugandans in South Africa and Malawi Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 23, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue the MSc programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the following fields of study:
- 1 MSc. in Ichthyology and Fisheries Science at Rhodes University, South Africa
- 1 MSc. in Master of Science in Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences at Mzuzu University, Malawi
- Scholarship Award: Benefits:
- Tuition Fees
- Research Costs
- Travel and Visa Costs
- Living costs and insurance
- Family responsibility allowance for female scholarship holders.
- Nationality: Scholarships are available for Ugandans.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in University (South Africa), and Mzuzu University (Malawi)
Eligibility for the Rhodes University COTRA MSc Scholarship for Ugandans in South Africa and Malawi:
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available for Ugandans.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- If you have 2nd upper Bsc degree in Science Subjects from recognized university then you can qualify.
- Female candidates and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply
Application Procedure for Rhodes University COTRA MSc Scholarship for Ugandans in South Africa and Malawi:
How to Apply: Applications should be submitted via e-mail. All interested candidates should download the application forms from with a copy to the coordinator at the sending institution, Makerere University.