The Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures is awarding international fellowships to scholars from North America, Asia or Europe.
The Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships, established in 2000 through generous funding from Lord Sainsbury of Turville, are designed to strengthen academic ties with Japanese studies programmes in Asia, Canada, Europe, Oceania and the USA.
Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships for International Applicants in UK Description
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowship is available for conducting research at the Sainsbury Institute for the Study of Japanese Arts and Cultures.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in any area of Japanese culture. Preference will be given to applications focusing on the history of art, cultural heritage, archaeology or architecture.
- Scholarship Award: The one-year Fellowship will commence in September 2020 and carries a value of £23,500.
- Nationality: Positions are available for International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships for International Applicants in UK
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
The Institute is offering several Fellowships of either six months or one year, to scholars who have received a PhD in any area of Japanese culture, although preference will be given to applications focusing on the history of art, cultural heritage, archaeology or architecture.
Nationality: Citizens of North America, Asia (Afghanistan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Burma, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, North Korea, South Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Philippines, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen) or Europe (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and United Kingdom) can apply for the fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English language Requirements: Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Robert and Lisa Sainsbury Fellowships for International Applicants in UK Application Procedure
How to Apply: Once completed, the application form should be emailed to sisjac-at-sainsbury-institute.org. In addition to the application form, please enclose:
• Curriculum Vitae (please include the date your PhD is expected to be conferred, if not already conferred) and
• The sample of writing (for example a published article, or a core chapter of the PhD).