Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for International Students in Switzerland are open apply now. The Neuroscience, Ophthalmology and Rare Diseases (NORD) Translational Area (DTA) of Roche Pharmaceutical Research & Early Development (pRED) is inviting applications for Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for 2 years.
Roche is seeking an independent and highly motivated researcher for a Postdoctoral Fellowship to develop and apply state of the art retinal single cell sequencing profiles and gain a better understanding about the mechanism of action of a novel microglial targeting drug.
At Roche, 80,000 people across 150 countries are pushing back the frontiers of healthcare. Working together, we’ve become one of the world’s leading research-focused healthcare groups. Our success is built on innovation, curiosity and diversity, and on seeing each other’s differences as an advantage. To innovate healthcare, Roche has ambitious plans to keep learning and growing – and is seeking people who have the same goals for themselves.
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for International Students in Switzerland Description
- Applications Deadline: Open for applications
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of Discovery Ophthalmology. This group of Roche scientists is focused on the clinical translation of therapeutic approaches for eye diseases, including age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for all nationalities.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Switzerland
Eligibility for the Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for International Students in Switzerland
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for all nationalities.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
You have obtained a PhD no longer than four years ago in Ophthalmology, Molecular Biology, or Natural Science. If you bring as well many of the following skills and competencies, we are looking forward to receiving your application.
- You have a profound understanding of complex biology and are eager to identify underlying mechanisms that will drive next-generation therapeutics
- You have a formal background in ophthalmology
- You have experience of the state-of-the-art single cell RNA sequencing techniques, ideally from retinal tissues
- You have a track record of hands-on experience with animal handling and procedures, including injections
- You are a specialist in independently planning and executing mechanistic studies using in vivo and/or ex vivo ocular disease models
- You published as a leading author in top-tier journals
- You have a strong team spirit, and you like to work in international teams
- Your excellent English skills, written and spoken, complete your profile
English Language Requirements: Applicants are required to have excellent English skills, written and spoken.
Roche Postdoctoral Fellowship in Discovery Ophthalmology for International Students in Switzerland Application Procedure
How to Apply: Please include a detailed CV with a publication list, and a cover letter describing your interests and your expected date of availability.