The SALIS is pleased to offer a number of scholarships for full-time PhD students commencing 1st October; 2019.
SALIS is a multilingual, multicultural research-focused school with specialisms in Modern Languages; Applied Linguistics; Translation Studies; and Cultural and Intercultural Studies. Our research frequently crosses disciplinary and linguistic boundaries and our scholarship is increasingly concerned with digital technologies; literacies; and practices in a variety of professional, academic and social contexts.
The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
SALIS PhD Scholarships in Ireland Description:
- Application Deadline: May 28, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing full-time PhD programme within the School of Applied Language & Intercultural Studies.
- Study Subject: University is particularly interested in receiving research proposals in the following areas: Applied Linguistics; Cultural Studies; Intercultural Studies; Literary Studies; Sexuality Studies; and Translation Studies. A full list of topics and the faculty members currently available to supervise is given in Appendix.
- Scholarship Award: Successful candidates will receive a stipend of €16,000 per annum for up to four years; subject to satisfactory annual progression. Registration fees will also be paid.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the SALIS PhD Scholarships in Ireland:
- Eligible Countries: Irish and international students are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must hold a relevant undergraduate degree at 2.1 or first-class honours level (or equivalent). Ideally they should also hold a relevant Master’s qualification. Candidates who are currently completing a Master’s qualification are welcome to apply. Candidates must also be capable of contributing to the delivery of modules in SALIS; particularly in the following areas: French; German; Spanish; Chinese; Japanese or English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL); and/or activities in the LanguaCulture Space.
- English Language Requirements: The candidate should have a very good command of English language. Therefore, the application should be written in English.
Application Procedure for SALIS PhD Scholarships in Ireland:
Interested candidates must first agree a research proposal with a member of academic 2 staff in the School of Applied Language and Intercultural Studies. Information on academic staff in SALIS, their research interests and their contact email addresses can also be found here. Before contacting a potential supervisor, you should ensure that your intended topic matches one or more of their interests. You should only apply for the scholarship if a faculty member from SALIS is supporting your application. Applications should include the following:
- Application form available to download from SALIS Website
- Copies of undergraduate and, where applicable, postgraduate transcripts added to the appendix
- Two letters of reference from a past lecturer or academic advisor/supervisor
How to Apply:
Candidates should email their applications in a single pdf file to the SALIS School Office.