The Edinburgh Business School is delighted to offer AQM/Data Sets Studentship: Scottish Graduate School of Social Science for the year 2018-2019.
The Business School has a clear mission, focus and vision for the future, including global rankings amongst all other business schools. The mission of the school is to develop effective and responsible leaders by creating insightful knowledge and inspiring minds in dialogue with the world around us.
Scottish Graduate School of Social Science Description:
- Application Deadline: May 31, 2018
- Course Level: Studentship is available to pursue graduate programme.
- Study Subject: The Business School has successfully been allocated a studentship for the project ‘Interpretable scoring models for understanding household financial distress’ under the supervision of Dr Belen Martin-Barragan and Dr Raffaella Calabrese.
- Scholarship Award: £14,777 + £4,260 tuition fees + £750 research training support grant + £450 overseas fieldwork support
- Nationality: UK or EU countries
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scottish Graduate School of Social Science:
Eligible Countries: Students from UK or EU countries are eligible to apply.
Entrance Requirements: ESRC grants are available for students who:
- Meet the residency criteria (EU or UK residency, see below for details)
- Hold or are predicted to get a First class or good 2.1 degree
- Have been nominated by one of the ESRC eligible institutions
- Hold a conditional or unconditional offer of a place in a relevant discipline on a PhD programme at an eligible institution (some institutions confirm offers of a place once the award of a studentship has been made)
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Scottish Graduate School of Social Science:
How to Apply: You must submit your online application for the PhD programme by the scholarship closing date. Please note you will not be able to access the scholarship application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd, our web-based information portal. We recommend you follow the scholarship application guidance.
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name (UUN) and password. If you require assistance, please see the University’s Student Systems support pages or contact our Admissions team at phd-at-business-school.ed.ac.uk.
Please be aware that two academic references are required in support of the scholarship application. If your PhD in Management application includes two academic references, these will be used to meet this requirement. If not, these will be requested by the School.