As knowing the power of education, SEARCA is presenting the SEARCA Graduate program in favour of high achieving students to pursue their higher studies.
This educational award is activated to applicants from Southeast Asians for undertaking a master or PhD degree program at any recommendable university in Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, and the Philippines.
The Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture was established on 27 November 1966. It is one of the oldest among 24 specialist institutions of the Southeast Asian Ministers of Education Organization.
Why at this program? Through this program, applicants will get chances to choose the University for study. They will learn from the best teachers of those universities with the best academic facilities.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2019
SEARCA Graduate funding for Southeast Asians Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applicants from Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: They can join a master or PhD degree program in the field of Agriculture and related sciences (including biological sciences, fishery, environmental science, statistics, forestry, and social sciences) at any suggested university.
- Admissible Criteria: The participant must be under the age of 35 for masters and under the age of 40 for a PhD program.
How to Apply for SEARCA Graduate funding for Southeast Asians
To Apply: Aspirants must have to take admission in masters or PhD degree program at any of the given university-
- Institut Pertanian Bogor (IPB), Bogor, Indonesia
- Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM), Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Universiti Putra Malaysia (UPM), Selangor, Malaysia
- Kasetsart University (KU), Bangkok, Thailand
- University of the Philippines Los Baños (UPLB), Laguna, Philippines
After completing the application, candidates have to send the fund application form to the Ministries of their own countries.
- Supporting Documents: You need to submit latter of admission, the official transcript of academic records, certificate of employment, a brief description of the research applicant, two copies of passport-size pictures, curriculum vitae, certification from a medical doctor, official endorsement from the employer, and language ability proof.
- Admission Requirements: Only an undergraduate degree will be considered for these courses.
- Language Requirement: If your national language is not English, then you must have to demonstrate your English language ability through the TOEFL test.
Benefits: The free education will cover stipend, tuition, international and domestic travel allowance, thesis/dissertation support, book allowance, and health insurance.