SEI Honours Research Fellowships at University of Sydney in Australia are open apple now. The Sydney Environment Institute is offering an Honours Research Fellowship for students who are interested in researching the impacts of climate change on society and the environment. This fellowship is available for international students.
Born as an Environmental Humanities and Social Science Network, we have become much more. At the Sydney Environment Institute, we identify matters of critical environmental concern and engage them – through creative, collaborative projects.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
SEI Honours Research Fellowships at University of Sydney in Australia Description
- Applications Deadline: December 8, 2020
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for research on Impacts of climate change on society and the environment. As a cross-disciplinary research Institute, SEI aims to broaden and develop the public discourse on climate change and other significant environmental issues. While our research is predominately based in the humanities and social sciences, multidisciplinarity is core to our research mission and applications are open to students in any discipline at the University of Sydney.
- Scholarship Award: The successful applicants will receive a bursary towards research costs at $2000, mentoring from our network of researchers and the opportunity to create content for SEI’s blog.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the SEI Honours Research Fellowships at University of Sydney in Australia
Eligible Countries: This fellowship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: The successful applicants will be:
- Intending to undertake environmental research that is in line with at least one of our core research areas: Resilience & Adaptation; Transition; Oceans; Culture & Loss; Food Systems; Sustainable Materialism; and Justice & Governance.
- Have an overall mark of at least 70% across undergraduate units.
- Have applied for/ been accepted into Honours for Semester 1, 2020.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
SEI Honours Research Fellowships at University of Sydney in Australia Application Procedure
How to Apply: If you are interested in applying, please send an email to the SEI’s Deputy Director Michelle St Anne [michelle.stanne-at-sydney.edu.au], with the subject heading ‘Application for 2020 Honours Research Fellowship’. Applications close December 8, 2020. Your email must include a completed copy of the 2020 Honours Fellowship Application Form.
Along with your application form, please attach (in Word or PDF format):
- Proof that you have applied/ been accepted to undertake Honours in semester 1, 2020. This can include a copy of your acceptance letter, or evidence of your pending application.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript (it does not need to be a certified copy).
- Your CV with details on your academic/non-academic achievements.
- A writing sample of (no more than 500 words). This can include an extract from a past essay, and it does not need to be on an environmental topic, as it will be used to gauge writing.