Google is thrilled to announce the 2019 Software Engineering Intern, MS, Fall Program 2019 that offers personal and professional development, an executive speaker series, and community-building.
This is a unique opportunity intended for candidates who are eligible for work authorization in computer science upon completing their education.
With this 12-14 week paid internship program, you will have an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable, distributed software systems.
Field of Internship: Software Engineering
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Google
An internship can be taken in the U.S.
Software Engineering Intern, MS, Fall Program Eligibility
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms gathered from- completing a data structures or algorithms class, coursework, course projects, research, individual projects, internships, or other practical experience inside or outside of school or work (including open source hobby coding).
- Experience in Software Development and coding in a general-purpose programming language.
- Authorization to legally work in the United States.
- Returning to or enrolling in a Master’s degree program after completion of the internship.
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to speak and write in English.
Internship Open for International Students: No
Is this paid internship? This is a paid internship programme.
Software Engineering Intern, MS, Fall Program Description
This program will give you an opportunity to collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will work on their core products and services as well as those which support key functions of our engineering operations.
Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one of the following areas: Product and Systems Development, Engineering Productivity, and Site Reliability.
As an intern, your responsibilities are:
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world challenges.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges.
- Develop scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Create and support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
Number of awards offered: Numbers not given
Internship Duration: 12-14 week paid internship
Notification: Not given
How to Apply for Software Engineering Intern, MS, Fall Program
To apply, you will need to provide the following information:
- By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; San Bruno, CA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Palo Alto, CA, USA; Cambridge, MA, USA
- For internship opportunities in the location where you are eligible for work authorization, check com/students.
Internship Application Deadline: Applications are due by June 27, 2019, at 11:59 pm PT. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and it’s in the candidate’s best interest to apply early.