Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Summer Scholarships in Australia are open apply now. The Government of South Australia is delighted to announce Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Scholarships. This is an intensive five-week, live-in summer school program open to Australian and international participants from all disciplines.
The State Government, through the South Australian Space Industry Centre (SASIC), will provide a total of five scholarships for South Australians to participate in the intensive five-week, live-in summer school program and gain valuable skills to forge a career in the high-tech space industry.
Already home to around 70 space-related organisations, South Australia is committed to further growing the local industry and build on the state’s history of space activity. The SASIC will support space entrepreneurs, create an incubator for space projects and an environment where new space technologies can be rapidly developed. The SASIC will build on the work done by the previous Space Industry Office at Defence SA, which developed the first space strategy of any jurisdiction in Australia.
Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Summer Scholarships in Australia Description
- Applications Deadline: November 15, 2018
- Course Level: This is an intensive five-week, live-in summer school program.
- Study Subject: The program provides a holistic understanding of the key activities and areas of knowledge required by today’s space professionals, including
- Space science and exploration
- Space applications and services
- Space security
- Human spaceflight and life sciences
- Space systems engineering and technologies
- Space policy and economics
- Space business and project management and
- Space law and regulatory issues
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are open to five university graduates and undergraduates and will cover all tuition, accommodation and meal costs associated with the program.
- Nationality: The program is conducted each year at the Mawson Lakes campus of the University of South Australia and is open to Australian and international participants from all disciplines.
- Number of Scholarships: Five scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Summer Scholarships in Australia
Eligible Countries: The program is conducted each year at the Mawson Lakes campus of the University of South Australia and is open to Australian and international participants from all disciplines.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Program is for
- Professionals in industry, government and the defence services
- Graduate researchers
- STEM educators
- Undergraduate students in the final two years of their studies
University graduates and undergraduates who have successfully completed at least two years of their studies at the time of the program and: who are resident in South Australia
- Who have completed the enrolment
- Requirements for the Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Program
- Who do not have financial support to attend the program from their employer or other sponsor.
Award of the scholarships will be based on motivation, impact, financial need, merit and impact. Particular consideration will be given to applicants of Australian indigenous background who fit the above criteria. Indigenous applicants are requested to make reference to this in their enrolment documentation.
Southern Hemisphere Space Studies Summer Scholarships in Australia Application Procedure
How to Apply: All applications will be evaluated on the basis of the information and supporting documents lodged as part of the online enrolment process at www.isunet.edu/apply-online-shssp.
Applicants wishing to be considered for the South Australian Government scholarships must include their university transcripts with their enrolment documents, even where this is not a general requirement for enrolment