Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) Program for Student Leaders is open to apply now. Dear All Many of the Students will be aware of the SUSI program. If not let me tell you in brief. SUSI is a 6 Weeks Summer exchange program to the United States of America for Only Pakistani Students.
Note that SUSI Stands for Study of the U.S Institutes. SUSI is a public policy & Leadership program. Its a FULLY FUNDED program. You Don’t pay any Penny. Below Given, there are Details on SUSI.
Study of the U.S. Institutes (SUSI) Program for Student Leaders Qualifications:
- Any Field of Student can apply.
- be between 18 and 25 years of age with proficiency in English;
- have at least one semester left of their undergraduate studies, and therefore be committed to return to their home universities following completion of the program;
- be interested in the topic of Civic Engagement;
- demonstrate strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities;
- indicate a serious interest in learning about the United States and civic engagement;
- have a sustained high level of academic achievement, as indicated by grades, awards, and teacher recommendations;
- GPA is not Required in this Program (CGPA Doesn’t count in this Program) Because its a Leadership program Not Academic.
- demonstrate commitment to community and extracurricular university activities;
- have little or no prior study or travel experience in the United States or elsewhere outside of their home country;
- be mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful, and inquisitive;
- be willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program, community service, and educational travel; and,
- be comfortable with campus life, prepared to share living accommodations, and able to make adjustments to cultural and social practices different from those of their home country.
- You need to attach an “English Proficiency Certificate” with form. You can get the certificate from Your University of Department.
- Write about Extracurricular Activities/Membership, Volunteer activities which are relevant to Leadership in which you People Participated.
- Relate Your Personal statement with the Given Question/Answers Below.
- If You write more than 250 words then the extra words will be automatically removed from the system.
SUSI 2020 Exchange Program to United States Application
- SUSI 2020 Applications will open in November.
- So, There will 1 personal Statement in Application Form & 2 Questions.
- You have to write the personal statement up to 250 Words. Do not Exceed
- Each Question consists of 250 Words.
SUSI 2020 Exchange Program to United States Eligibility
- 18-25 years old
- Interested in local, state, and federal public policy making
- Strong leadership qualities
- Undergraduate Student (2,3,4,5,6,7) Semester Students. Even 8th Semester Students can Try.
- When I was Applying in 2020 for SUSI I was in 8th Semester & I Was Selected.
About personal Statement & Questions
In personal Statment, they asked about academic Background, Interest & how this program will help You.
- Do not start your background like this my name is Saim Rasheed, I am a student of UET, living in Peshawar Pakistan. I am studying computer engineering.
- Focus on Some Leadership Activities, write about some leadership and volunteer activities. Because this is a leadership program. it’s not an academic program.
- Express Your interest.
- Relate Your Major with this program and how this program will help you in your career.
- Express Your interest for the United States.
Tips for Interview
- The interview will be on Skype
- You have to answer exactly what you have written in the Application Form.
- Do Not Try to answer differently than your Application Form.
- Try to answer to the point. Don’t brag or make stories.
- Introduce yourself, tell briefly about your background.
- Answer their questions in a relevant tone.
- Speak fluently and don’t get confused.
Normal questions asked are:
- How will you contribute to the group?
- Why you should be selected?
- What do u think you will do when u will come back?
- Is this program going to have an impact on your country? How?
- Do u want to study in the USA?
- Why Do You want to Come to the United States?
As I told You that express your interest for the USA. Tell them that why You are interested to go to the United States and why should they select you for this program here are some answers.
You can Write the answers like this that why you are interested in this program or How this Program will help You.
How the U.S is as a country?
- The US has 50 States, and each state in itself is a big Country, there are different Rules and Laws in different States, so Basically How the US is controlling all these states. Pakistan is a Very small country but there are a lot of Problems in Pakistan.Why the U.S is considered to be a No1 in the world? Or why You want to Visit US? What benefit You will get?
- All Products Produced by U.S Universities are in the US. They Produce Quality Students with Millions of Skills & Modern Technologies.
- FB CEO Mark Zuckerberg, Microsoft Owner Bill Gates, Ex President US Barak Obama, John F Kennedy President they are all US Universities Graduates.
- All Type of Social Apps are in the US, Fb, what’s app, Google, Youtube.
- I use Facebook its in the US, i use Google its in the U.S, i use whatsApp its in the U.S, I use YouTube its in the U.S.
- So, US is a country from where i can learn Many things which will help me & it will help me in my future career.
The form must be completed in English and sent via email to: [email protected].
How to Apply for SUSI 2020 Exchange Program to United States
Complete an application form (PDF 424 KB) and submit it to [email protected] by Monday December 04, 2020. Only emailed applications will be considered for review. Take special care in answering the essay questions. While saving the file and e-mailing the application kindly use the following format for the subject line: Applicant Name, Name of Institution, city in which you study, for e.g. USMAN KHAN, NUST, ISLAMABAD. (This is important, please do not ignore this.)
While answering questions, please be mindful of the word limits.
The Public Affairs Section will contact applicants selected for interviews based on the criteria above, as demonstrated in the application. Interviews will take place in late December at a location specified at a later date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The list of finalists and alternates will be announced by approximately mid-March 2020.
Selected participants will need to obtain passports and apply for U.S. visas with the assistance of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy.
Students will receive orientation materials in the weeks prior to the start of the program to help prepare them for the program and their trip to the United States. Participants will have an opportunity to speak with the Public Affairs Section about the program.
Participants will travel to the United States for the Institute in the summer of 2020.
Thank you for your interest in the program and good luck with your applications!