Swiss Confederation awards scholarships to foreign artists with bachelor’s degree and scholars who hold at least a Master’s degree. The aim of this scholarship is to promote international relationships with different countries around the world and to attract high-achieving scholars to study in excellent Swiss universities.
Two Types of Swiss Government Scholarships
- Research Scholarships This scholarship is offered for students who hold at least a master’s degree and wish to pursue PhD or PostDoctoral studies in Swiss universities.
- Art Scholarships This scholarship is offered to any art students who hold at least a bachelor’s degree and wish to pursue Master’s degree in Swiss conservatory or university of arts.
- Monthly Stipend
- Housing allowance
- Airplane Ticket
- Transportation card
The specific scholarship amount varies by country. Please see the list of eligible countries and view your specific country’s details for more information.
The eligibility differs for every country. However, the common ones for Research Scholarships are:
- Hold at least a Master’s degree
- Born after December 1, 1982
- Have research proposal
- English Proficiency
List of Eligible Countries
There are over 180 countries that are eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship amount, eligibility, and the application deadline varies by country, so please see Countries A-L and Countries M-Z to view the specific requirements for your country.
The application opens in August 1, but the deadline varies by country (Most deadlines are in November), Please see Countries A-L and Countries M-Z to view the specific application dates for your country.
How to Apply for Swiss Government Scholarships
- Go to your specific country’s document in Countries A-L and Countries M-Z and see the different requirements for your country.
- Check the eligibility criteria and application procedure for your specific country.
- Prepare the necessary documents that are outlined in the document.
- Submit the necessary documents and the application forms by the deadline set by your country.