Taiwan Internship 2019 Applications are Invited to apply. The name of the internship is the Taiwan International Graduate Program Internship. Currently enrolled BS/MS students are eligible to Apply for the TIGP Summer Internship. This is a Fully Funded Summer Internship in Taiwan. All Cost will be Covered For TIGP Internship.
The Taiwan International Graduate Program (http://tigp.sinica.edu.tw/) is pleased to announce that we start to accept applications to our 2019 International Internship Program (TIGP-IIP) in January 2019. The TIGP is a unique all-English Ph.D. program supported by Academia Sinica (www.sinica.edu.tw), the most prestigious research institution in Taiwan. In collaboration with top-ranking local research universities, the TIGP would like to invite outstanding young scholars from around the globe to experience Taiwan’s top-notch scientific research facilities and to participate in build an intellectual network of people from different ethnic and cultural backgrounds. This 2 month program takes place between May and August 2019. There are 12 programs offered by TIGP Internship:
The duration of the Taiwan Internship 2019 is 2 Months. The 2019 internship in Taiwan will take place at Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan or Partner University. English proficiency such as TOFEL, IELTS is Not Compulsory, but it is strongly suggested for non-native English speaking applicants. It strength your application.
Taiwan Internship Program 2019 will provide $1000 USD stipend/month, Funded Air-travel and accommodation. There is No Application Fee of TIGP IIP summer internship programme. International Internship Program (IIP) and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months.
Taiwan TIGP Summer Internship Program 2019 Details
- Country: Taiwan
- Duration: 2 Months (July and August)
- Cost: Fully Funded
- Deadline: February 28th, 2019
Internship Dates Summer internship in Taiwan
Duration: Standard Program (2 months): 1st July~ 31st August 2019.
|Early start||1st May~30th June 2019|
|1st June~31st July 2019|
|Standard Program||1st July~31st August 2019|
Location: Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan or Partner University.
- TIGP Taiwan and the hosting PI will together offer NTD 30,000/month-tax free (~USD 1000) for two months. (TIGP will provide a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000/months and the sponsoring faculty will provide an additional monthly stipend of NTD 10,000/ month).
- In addition, half of the cheapest round-way airfare at the economy class of the batch will be provided to participating interns upon completion of the training program.
Note: Stipends will be given after the 15th of every month in cash. Airfare will be reimbursed only upon successful completion of the internship. (Please check the airfare comparison websites before you purchase the ticket.) Only the cheapest routes will be reimbursed. If the interns are from the same location in the same batch, only the cheapest airfare price will be reimbursed. The amount of airfare reimbursement will be made according to Academia Sinica’s regulation. The airfare reimbursement will be given 1 week before the internship ends.
Taiwan TIGP Summer Internship Areas
There are 12 internship programs offered by TIGP summer internship:
- Chemical Biology and Molecular Biophysics
- Molecular Science and Technology
- Molecular and Biological Agricultural Sciences
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Nano Science and Technology
- Molecular Medicine
- Earth System Science
- Interdisciplinary Neuroscience
- Sustainable Chemical Science and Technology
- Social Networks and Human-Centered Computing
Taiwan TIGP Summer Internship Program Eligibility Criteria
The TIGP-IIP internship in Taiwan welcomes applications from overseas candidates of the following status:
- Undergraduate students who will have been conferred a B.S. degree by August 2020.
(Or students who will have been conferred a B.S.＋M.S. dual degree by August 2020.)
- Students pursuing a Master’s degree and holding a B.S. degree.
- Individuals holding a B.S. or Master’s degree (student’s pursuing a PhD degree are not eligible for this category)
- Students/ Individuals who have attended TIGP-IIP program before are not eligible to apply again.
Taiwan TIGP Summer Internship Program Deadline
The last date to apply for Taiwan Internship 2019 is February 28th, 2019.
How to Apply for Taiwan TIGP Summer Internship Program
Click on the Link given below in Red Color and start your application. You will need the following documents.
- Complete the online application, you will need to
- Upload your CV on the research interests page.
- Upload your Statement of Purpose on the research interests page.
- Upload your original academic transcript on current Status of Applicant.
- Complete all the required information on the online application form.
- Two letters of recommendation in PDF format upload directly from your referees to IIP website before the deadline. Once you complete the referees’ information page on your online application, your referees will be immediately notified and guided to IIP online recommendation portal. It is strongly suggested that you need to fill-in the referees’ information page as soon as you start IIP online application. In case of any technical problems, two of your recommendation letters should be uploaded by your referees 2 weeks before the deadline.
** Please note the Selected PI and your referees cannot be the same person.
- You are also required to post your original academic transcript to TIGP office two week before the deadline. If you would like to post a photocopy of your academic transcript, you are required to authorize by Ministry of Foreign Education of your country before you post it.