Applications are invited for 28 new PhD positions within the Doctoral Programme, TALENT at the Faculty of Science, the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. These positions are available for international students.
The objective of the TALENT programme is to facilitate the early independence of the PhD students and fast-track their careers in academia or industry.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Students in Denmark Description:
- Applications Deadline: October 1, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to study PhD programme.
- Study Subject: The 28 PhD fellowships are in the following fields:
Biodiversity; biological sciences and bioinformatics; chemical sciences; computer sciences; earth and planetary systems sciences; environment, climate and sustainability; food sciences; health and genomics; mathematical sciences, statistics & economics; nano and materials sciences; natural science education; nutrition and sports; particle physics, astrophysics and cosmology; plant sciences and biotechnology; quantum sciences and technology; resource economics and global development.
All departments at the Faculty of Science participate in the TALENT programme: Department of Biology, Department of Chemistry, Department of Computer Science, Department of Food and Resource Economics, Department of Food Science, Department of Geosciences and Natural Resource Management, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Department of Nutrition, Exercise and Sports, Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences, Department of Science Education, the Natural History Museum of Denmark and the Niels Bohr Institute.
- Scholarship Award: The Horizon 2020, Marie Sklodowska-Curie COFUND rules stipulate a minimum monthly salary of EUR 2,597 (EUR 31,164 pr. year), of which H2020/MSCA/COFUND covers EUR 1,855 (EUR 22,260 pr. year). As is outlined below, SCIENCE complies fully with these rules.
- Nationality: These positions are available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to 25 positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Students in Denmark:
Eligible Countries: These positions are available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible for the TALENT Doctoral Programme, applicants:
- May not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Denmark for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to TALENT’s call deadline: 1 October 2018. Time spent on obtaining refugee status under the Geneva Convention, compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- Must at the TALENT call deadline (1 October 2018) be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and must not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Must hold a relevant MSc degree at the time of applying. However, candidates, who do not hold an MSc degree, are also considered eligible if their credentials and CV equal those achieved on an MSc. This could be in the form of five years of full-time undergraduate and postgraduate education OR four years of full-time undergraduate education combined with relevant courses, fieldwork, scientific publications or conducted research (these aspects must be documented by uploading additional documents as part of the CV). The background is that applicants awarded a TALENT doctoral fellowship must be enrolled in the 180 ECTS/three year PhD programme at SCIENCE. To this end, the entry requirements as defined by SCIENCE’s PhD School have to be respected.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for TALENT PhD Fellowships for International Students in Denmark:
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking APPLY NOW below.
The application must include the following:
- Cover/motivation letter
- Project description incl. ethics assessment form
- Prioritized CV incl. publications
- Declaration of mobility
- Documentation of academic degrees obtained: diplomas must be in English or an officially approved translation must be included.
- Copy of English test score sheet at the time of applying (for applicants with English as their second language).
- Two recommendation letters (max. 1 page of 2,500 characters each): one should be from the master thesis supervisor (if applicable), or other senior scientists that the applicant has worked closely with.