The Harvard University Centre for Italian Renaissance Studies is offering Berenson Fellowship. The Fellowship is available for international students.
This Fellowship, made possible by The Lila Wallace – Reader’s Digest Fund, is designed for scholars who explore “Italy in the World.” Projects should address the transnational dialogues between Italy and other cultures (e.g. Latin American, Mediterranean, African, Asian etc.)
Applicants should indicate their preference between fall (September through December) and winter-spring (January through June). Fellows enjoy all the privileges of the Harvard Center, including the use of the Bibliotheca Berenson seven days a week and lunch with other Appointees from Monday through Friday. Short-term Fellows do not receive an office or study,
The Harvard University Centre Italian Renaissance Studies Berenson Fellowship Description:
• Application Deadline: November 15, 2019
• Course Level: Fellowship is available to study PhD fellowship program.
• Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded to study any of the subjects offered by the university.
• Scholarship Award: The stipend is $4,000 per month, plus a one-time supplement (maximum, $1,500) towards relocation expenses.
• Nationality: The Fellowship is available to International students.
• a number of scholarship: Number not given.
• Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the The Harvard University Centre Italian Renaissance Studies Berenson Fellowship:
• Eligible Countries: The Scholarship is available to international students
• Entrance Requirement: Applicants must be conversant in English and have familiarity with Italian. At the time of application, a PhD is required. Priority will be given to early and mid-career scholars. It must be possible for applicants to carry out most of their research in Florence. I Tatter welcome applications from scholars from all nations and gives special consideration to candidates without regular access to research materials and facilities in Italy. Applications are evaluated by international scholars. The selection committee aims to assess the ability of candidates to contribute in a collegial way to the intellectual life of the Harvard Center.
• Short-term Fellowships at I Tatti can be held only once and cannot be deferred. Short-term Fellowships are intended for scholars who have not previously held appointments at I Tatti (with the exception of Graduate Fellows).
The Harvard University Centre Italian Renaissance Studies Berenson Fellowship Application procedure:
• How to Apply: This Fellowship is designed for scholars who explore “Italy in the World.” Projects should address the transnational dialogues between Italy and other cultures (e.g. Latin American, Mediterranean, African, Asian etc.) during the Renaissance, broadly understood historically to include the period from the 14th to the 17th century.
• REFERENCE LETTERS: Click the reference tab and register your referees as early as possible to give them adequate time to send their recommendations.