The University of York is inviting the talented and motivated students to apply for the Laidlaw funding for the academic year 2020/21.
This educational award is designed for students from all over the world who want to pursue a research degree at the university in the UK.
Founded in 1963, The University of York has expanded to more than thirty departments and centres, covering a wide range of subjects.
Why at the University of York? While studying at this university, students will develop and use implementation skills and theory to evaluate the improve guideline implementation intervention.
Application Deadline: February 13, 2020
The Laidlaw funding for Domestic & International Students at University of York Brief Description
- University: The University of York
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Research
- Award: Up to £1,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: Any
- The award can be taken in the UK
The Laidlaw funding for Domestic & International Students at University of York Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world.
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The research program will be awarded in any subject offered by the university.
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- All undergraduate students in year one of a three-year programme or year one or two of a four-year programme are eligible to apply.
- There are no restrictions on discipline/department, college, nationality or fee status.
How to Apply for The Laidlaw funding for Domestic & International Students at University of York
- How to Apply: To apply for the grant, students are required to apply for the research degree program at the university. Your application to the programme will be assessed through the online application form which consists of a personal profile and your research statement.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the previous transcripts at the university.
- Admission Requirements: For admission, candidates must have an undergraduate degree from a recognized university.
- Language Requirement: To study at the university, the applicant must have passed English A or obtain 5 in English B at either Standard or Higher Level.
The Laidlaw funding for Domestic & International Students at University of York Benefits
The university will provide the following expenses:
- Increase your employability by developing your knowledge, skills and confidence in research and leadership.
- Gain valuable transferable skills in project management, leadership, communications and team working.
- Undertake a unique research project, which is generously funded, and a Leadership In Action project to put your skills into practice.
- Gain a Level 5 leadership qualification certified by the Chartered Management Institute.
- Have the opportunity to showcase your research at high profile events.
- Have access to coaching and mentoring with qualified coaches
- Have access to a network of like-minded peers across the University, the UK and beyond.
- Receive a £500 per week scholarship payment for the duration of the Research Project period for summer 1 (2020) and receive funding or expenses for the leadership experience in summer 2 (2021)
- Be eligible to claim additional funds of up to £1,000 for travel and other expenses (including lab costs.