The Harrisburg Branch of AAUW is pleased to announce the Martha M. Dohner Memorial Scholarship. They want to honor her memory by assisting with the education of a woman pursuing her degree with goals that will help fulfill the mission of AAUW. The program is available for women who are pursuing her baccalaureate degree as a student at a Pennsylvania college or university. The mission of the AAUW Harrisburg Branch is advancing equity for women and girls through advocacy, education, philanthropy and research.Harrisburg Branch of AAUW is offering $1,000 scholarship awarded for the 2019-2019 Academic Year.
AAUW Harrisburg is a branch of the AAUW national organization was formed in 1921.The Harrisburg Branch of AAUW’s scholarship program helps local college students as well as women returning students.
Eligibility of The Martha M. Dohner Memorial Scholarship:
The candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled as a full-time student in the fall 2019 term
- Female student having completed at least 15 credits toward an undergraduate degree by the end of spring term 2019
- Attend an accredited college or university located in Pennsylvania
- Permanent resident of Dauphin or Cumberland County
- Demonstrate academic achievement with at least a 3.25 GPA
- Demonstrate financial need
How to Apply for The Martha M. Dohner Memorial Scholarship:
In order to apply, the applicant may download the application form go through the given link: http://harrisburg-pa.aauw.net/files/2019/03/HbgAAUW20192019MarthDohnerScholarshipAnnouncementFINAL.pdf
- Official transcript through spring term 2019
- Financial aid form
- Verification of enrollment
- Two (2) personal references (1 of which must be academic)
Applicants must submit the following materials to the AAUW Harrisburg Scholarship Chair, P.O. Box 60911, Harrisburg, PA 17106-0911 or emailed at HbgAAUWScholarship-at-gmail.com
Financial Aid and Award Money:
A scholarship in the amount of $1,000 is awarded annually in Ms. Dohner’s name. The recipient must have earned at least 15 college credits.
The application deadline is June 1, 2019.
Link for More Information:
Contact the scholarship co-chairs at HbgAAUWScholarship-at-gmail.com if you have additional questions.