The Spouse Education Assistance Program is a need-based scholarship program which is being offered by Army Emergency Relief (AER). The given scholarship aims to assist Spouses of Army Soldiers in obtaining their first undergraduate degree. Children of Army Soldiers obtaining their first undergraduate degree are welcome to apply. Award amount may vary from $500 to $3,300.
Army Emergency Relief (AER), often referred to by the longer title Army Emergency Relief Fund, It was founded in 1942. AER provides Commanders a valuable asset in helping to enhance the morale and welfare of Soldiers and their Families.
The Spouse Education Assistance Program Eligibility:
The qualification of a participating candidate is as follows:
- Student must be the Spouse of an active duty or retired Soldier or the widow(er) of a Soldier who died while on active duty or while retired.
- Student must be registered in DEERS (Defense Eligibility Enrollment Reporting System).
- Student must be pursuing their first undergraduate degree and may be enrolled part-time (minimum of 6 credit hours per semester or term) or full-time (minimum 12 credit hours per semester or term).
- Student must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- Student must not be active duty or in a reserve component or a retiree of the National Guard, Reserves, or another military branch.
- Student must be enrolled, accepted, or pending acceptance as a full-time or part-time student in an accredited post-secondary or vocational institution.
How to Apply for The Spouse Education Assistance Program:
Applicants are requested to register themselves as an applicant before applying:
The Spouse Education Assistance Program Supporting Documents:
If you apply for Spouse Education Assistance Program you will need to provide:
- Leave and earnings statement (LES)
- 2019-2019 student aid report (SAR)
- Federal title 10 orders (if applicable)
- Casualty report (if applicable)
The Spouse Education Assistance Program Submitting Details:
Applicants who are interested must send all the Supporting Documents to Scholarships-at-aerhq.org.
- The award amounts vary each year based on the number of applicants, total approved scholarship budget, and the average Cost of Attendance to attend a college or university in the United States as provided by the College Board.
- The Spouse awards ranged from $500 to $2,200.
The Spouse Education Assistance Program Application Deadline:
The application due date is 3pm EDT on 2 April 2019.
Link for more information:
If you need assistance or have questions during the application process, email scholarships-at-aerhq.org