The TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy at Stanford University is offering Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy.
The Fellowships are intended for exceptional young researchers who will be selected on the basis of their academic achievement and the promise of their scientific research.
The TomKat Center for Sustainable Energy harnesses the skills and creativity of Stanford University’s leading science, technology, and policy experts to transform the world’s energy systems for a sustainable future. It was established in 2009 with a gift made by Stanford alumni and husband-and-wife team Tom and Kat.
If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
TomKat Center Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy Description:
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Selected Awardees receive:
Postdoctoral training under the mentorship of Stanford University faculty
Annual salary of $65,000
Eligibility for $3,000 relocation allowance
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the TomKat Center Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements:
The applicant must have a commitment from a Stanford faculty member confirming that they will mentor/sponsor and host them in their lab as a postdoctoral fellow.
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. at the time that the fellowship will begin.
The faculty mentor/sponsor must be appointed at Stanford. Acting, consulting and courtesy appointees are not eligible to serve as a faculty sponsor.
Foreign scholars must have or be able to obtain a H1B visa (to receive the award as salary). Citizenship is not a selection factor.
The award of this fellowship is contingent upon receiving a postdoctoral appointment at Stanford. All Stanford policies found at: postdocs.stanford.edu are applicable to TomKat Postdoctoral Fellows.
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for TomKat Center Postdoctoral Fellowships in Sustainable Energy:
- A complete application consists of:
- Complete online application form
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Research Proposal: (two page limit, including any graphics, charts or references). The research proposal must be written by the postdoc and reviewed by the faculty sponsor. These two pages should include a brief statement of proposed investigation in the following sections: Background, Goals, Hypothesis, and Experimental methods. Formatting guidelines require at least 1-inch margins at the top, bottom, left and right; and 12 point or larger font Times New Roman, Times Roman, Arial, Helvetica, or Verdana. Include title of project and your name on both pages and number pages. If the applicant chooses to include references, the reference should include enough information to allow the reviewer to look up the paper.
- Three letters of recommendation: one from the sponsoring faculty mentor at Stanford and two additional letters from other recommenders.
How to Apply:
The mode of applying is online.