ForSet and Prague Civil Society Centre invite you to attend DataFest Tbilisi 2019!
DataFest Tbilisi is the first annual international data & communications event in the South Caucasus bringing together journalists, CSO activists, marketing specialists, business professionals, government officials, data analysts, developers and designers working with data or willing to explore data opportunities.
Last year, DataFest Tbilisi hosted 400 attendees coming from 30 countries including more than 40 amazing speakers and trainers. We had 18 inspirational speeches, 36 practical workshops and a satellite event – Ministry of Data Hackathon. This year, we are expecting more than 500 attendees from Eastern and Central Europe, Central Asia and beyond.
Travel Grant for DataFest Tbilisi Eligibility:
You can apply for Travel Grants if you satisfy the following:
– Reside and work in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan
– Are a journalist, communications specialist, activist, designer, or coder actively involved in media work or social activism
– Have demonstrable capacity in data analysis, data journalism, and/or digital communications
– Are fluent in written and spoken English or Russian
– Will be available to spend 3 days in Tbilisi from 7 to 9 November, 2019
– Are willing to participate in pre-event activities (webinars)
– Are open and willing to get involved in cross-country collaboration and reporting
– Have no political party or religious organization affiliation
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by July 31 and required to fill out a capacity assessment form by August 10. The selection process will include interviews from August 16-22.
There are fully and partial funded travel grants available. Fully funded travel grants cover flights, accommodation and attendance of DataFest Tbilisi 2019. Partial funded travel grants cover flights and attendance of DataFest Tbilisi 2019. Please note that members are expected to pay for their own travel insurance no matter which grant they receive.
DataFest Tbilisi 2019 will take place on 7-9 November in Tbilisi, Georgia. The following topics will be covered during the event:
- Data Journalism and Truth
- Data in Politics
- Data Science & AI
- Design & Data
- Data for Marketing and Business
- Data and Cyber security
DataFest Tbilisi Format:
Day 1 – 12 short talks about the above mentioned topics
Day 2 – Workshops and training sessions on data collection, analysis and communication
Day 3 – Thematic Datathons on solving data collection, analysis and communication challenges
In order to apply, .
The deadline for receiving applications is July 27, 2019.