Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships at Waterloo University in Canada are open apply now. The University of Waterloo is offering Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships to pursue graduate/masters degree program for 2019 intake. The CGS M scholarship provides non-renewable financial support of $17,500 paid across three full-time academic terms to high-calibre scholars who are engaged in eligible masters or, in some cases, doctoral programs in Canada.
The objective of the Canada Graduate Scholarships Master’s (CGS M) Program is to help develop research skills and assist in the training of highly qualified personnel by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.
Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships at Waterloo University in Canada Description:
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarship is available to pursue Graduate/Masters degree program.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: Up to $17,500in scholarships may be awarded each year, providing candidates of sufficient merit are available.
- Number of Scholarships: Each year, eligible Canadian institutions receive a CGS M allocation corresponding to the number of students to whom they can offer scholarships; these allocations are divided by broad fields of study: health, natural sciences/engineering, and social sciences/humanities. For the Fall 2019 competition, Waterloo’s allocations are as follows:
- CIHR= 4 NSERC = 48 SSHRC = 33
- Nationality: The scholarship is available for Canada citizens.
- Scholarship can be taken in Canada.
Eligibility for the Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships at Waterloo University in Canada :
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available for Canada citizens.
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada in order to apply. It is the applicant’s responsibility to confirm that the minimum eligibility criteria of this award is satisfied before they begin the application process by reviewing the complete eligibility and selection criteria on the official CGS M website.
- The Scholarship is open to students who ?
1. Students may identify a maximum of three institutions where they would like their application to be considered. The scholarship is not portable from one institution to another – applicants must submit their application to the institution at which they intend to hold the scholarship.
2. Given the limited quota of awards available (refer to above), Waterloo is required to be strategic in determining the selected recipients and as such the selection process within Waterloo tends to be quite rigorous.
3. In order to provide guidance to potential applicants, GSPA has analyzed the characteristics of successful applicants from the previous four years. Students who are considering applying for a CGS M should vet their current academic achievements against those described here to assess their competitiveness in this competition.
Tri-Agency CGS M Scholarships at Waterloo University in Canada Application Procedure:
How to Apply:
- Confirm eligibility
- Apply for Admission to a Graduate Program at Waterloo
Students requiring international transcripts:
- Read the application instructions
- Select and contact referees
- Research Proposals
- Create an account within the research portal
- Create a Common CV account
- Submit the application in the Research Portal