The Wellcome Trust’s India Alliance and the Indian Department of Biotechnology invites preliminary applications for their intermediate fellowships. There are no age or nationality restrictions.
This scheme supports excellent scientists who wish to undertake high-quality research and to establish themselves as independent researchers in an academic institution in India.
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is an £160 million initiative funded equally by the Wellcome Trust, UK and Department of Biotechnology, India. The broad aim of the India Alliance is to build excellence in the Indian biomedical scientific community by supporting future leaders in the field.
Trust’s India Alliance and the Indian Department of Biotechnology Intermediate Research Fellowships for International Students in India Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 25, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue research. The India Alliance Fellowships are intended to support the researchers at key stages of their career after their doctoral studies (newly qualified postdoctoral researchers, postdoctoral scientists and senior scientists). Therefore, we don’t have any provision to provide fellowships for supporting any kind of doctoral studies.
- Study Subject: The India Alliance offers funding which covers the full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research for researchers at different stages of their careers.
- Scholarship Award: The India Alliance only provides Fellowships for 60 months durations. The cap for the Fellowship amounts is available under costing policies.
- Nationality: There are no age or nationality restrictions.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in India
Eligibility for the Trust’s India Alliance and the Indian Department of Biotechnology Intermediate Research Fellowships for International Students in India:
Eligible Countries: There are no age or nationality restrictions.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The Senior and Intermediate Fellowship (SIF) competition is open for basic science/veterinary researchers with 4 -15 years of post-PhD research experience. The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the provisions and mandate of the schemes for assessing your eligibility. Typically, Intermediate Fellowships are considered suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent research.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for Trust’s India Alliance and the Indian Department of Biotechnology Intermediate Research Fellowships for International Students in India:
How to Apply: Details of the Application process for Applicants are provided here.
All schemes require a preliminary application on the basis of which Full applications are invited. You are required to complete and submit a preliminary application through IASys by the published deadline. Refer to the IASys user guides for guidance on completing the application form and the submission process. Preliminary applications are evaluated to:
- Assess the eligibility of applicants and their research proposals
- Check that applicants are applying for the most appropriate scheme
- Advise on the competitiveness of the application in relation to others received in the cohort
Please ensure that you submit a complete preliminary application; the India Alliance is unwilling to take into account the delays that may be caused by an incomplete application.
Please note that if you are not invited to submit a full application in around that you have applied to, you may re-apply to the same scheme, subject to meeting the eligibility criteria for the scheme.
Full applications are accepted by invitation only.
Full applications must be submitted using IASys, our online application system. The link to access the Full Application is provided in the email invitation
Applicants who have limited/unreliable access to the internet should email the Office in the first instance: info-at-indiaalliance.org.
Full applications require a synergistic interaction between all the individuals named on the application such as the applicant, sponsor, research sponsor, fellowship supervisor, host institution administration etc., and it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that it is submitted by the prescribed deadline. Late applications received due to delays caused between participants on an application will not be accepted.