Applications are open for the second round of Türkiye Scholarships 2019. Türkiye Scholarships is a government-funded higher education scholarship program which is designed for international students. Türkiye Scholarships is offered for undergraduate, graduate, Ph.D., proficiency in art, and research level. The associate level is outside the scope of Türkiye Scholarships. Türkiye Scholarships are intended for candidates from selected countries all over the world who want to pursue Master and PhD studies in Turkey.
Scholarship Value of Türkiye Bursları – Türkiye Scholarships
Türkiye Scholarships consist of these opportunities:
- Tuition and Fees
- Health Expenses
- Turkish Language Course
- Transportation (only for the first arrival and after graduation)
(Opportunities provided by Türkiye Scholarships can change depending on scholarship programmes except for undergraduate and graduate scholarship programmes).
Eligibility for Türkiye Bursları – Türkiye Scholarships
- Only foreign country citizens can apply for scholarships.
- The program does not include the foreign students who are studying in Turkey through the EU projects, the reciprocal agreements, and the university scholarships.
- Applicants who apply for Türkiye Scholarships must be a graduate or able to graduate at the end of the current academic year.
- Applicants must
- be under the age of 21 for undergraduate programmes,
- be under the age of 30 for master’s programmes
- be under the age of 35 for Ph.D. programmes
- be (preferably) under the age of 45 for the research programme
- Candidates have to meet the criteria of the university and department which they choose. If it is requested by the university or department, candidates must submit the necessary documents such as the scores of SAT, TOEFL, DELF, YDS, etc. Applications of candidates who do not submit the required documents will not be evaluated.
Eligible Countries for Türkiye Bursları – Türkiye Scholarships
- The list of countries open for undergraduate and postgraduate applications in the second round are as follows:
Afghanistan, Albania, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Belgium, Burundi, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Italy, Iceland, Ireland, Japan, Kyrgyzstan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Macau (SAR), Malta, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Myanmar, Nepal, Norway, Pakistan, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, San Marino, South Sudan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, United States, Ukraine, and Vietnam.
- The list of countries open only for postgraduate applications in the second round are as follows:
Algeria, Andora, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belize, Benin, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Djibouti, Cambodia, Cameroon, Chad, China, Comoros, Congo, Croatia, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Dominica, Egypt, Equatorial Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Finland, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Grenada, Guyana, Georgia, Haiti, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Ivory Coast, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Liberia, Libya, Lithuania, Lebanon, Madagascar, Macedonia, Malawi, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Montenegro, Mongolia, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Palau, Palestine, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saudi Arabia, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Sierra Leone, Slovakia, Slovenia, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syria, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Taiwan, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Yemen
Postgraduate applications will be received in the second round between 5 February – 5 March 2019; while undergraduate applications will be received in the third round between 16 April – 27 May 2019.
Application for Türkiye Bursları – Türkiye Scholarships
- An application can only be made online through www.turkiyeburslari.gov.tr.
- Candidates are required to submit/upload all the required information and/or documents through the application system.
- Applications made by post, courier or by hand will not be accepted.
Results of the second round of applications is scheduled to be announced on 15 May 2019.
For more information, visit Türkiye Scholarships.