Two ESR PhD Positions in the Saltgiant ETN in France and Netherlands are open apply now. Up to two ESR positions are now available in the Saltgiant ETN at The Institute of Physics of the Globe of Paris. Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply to apply for this position.
The Institute of Physics of the Globe of Paris is a large institution of higher education and independent research led by a board of directors. He is a member of the community of universities and institutions (COMUE) University Sorbonne Paris Cité ( USPC ) and associated with the National Center for Scientific Research ( CNRS ). The institute is also, with the universities Paris Diderot and Paris Descartes, carrying the project “University of Paris 2020”. The IPGP brings together about 150 top-level researchers recruited from around the world, 170 engineers and managers and over a hundred doctoral students from all countries who share the same passion for the earth and planetary sciences.
Two ESR PhD Positions in the Saltgiant ETN in France and Netherlands Description
- Applications Deadline: September 21, 2020
- Course Level: These positions are available to pursue the PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in support of the Saltgiant project, a rare cross-disciplinary network of natural and social scientists dedicated to understanding the formation of the Mediterranean Salt Giant, one of the largest salt deposits on Earth, and its implications for sub-seafloor microbial life, risk assessment in the oil industry, geo-economics of the Mediterranean region and the history of oceanography. Topic: Eastern Mediterranean oil and gas discoveries, regional geopolitics and economic development issues.
- Scholarship Award: In the case of MSCA regulations for early-stage researchers, the successful candidates will be highly competitive. Exact salary will be confirmed upon appointment.
In addition to their individual scientific projects, all fellowships, which includes internships and secondments, a variety of training courses, transferable skills and active participation in field races, workshops and conferences.
- Nationality: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: Two positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in France and The Netherlands
Eligibility for the Two ESR PhD Positions in the Saltgiant ETN in France and Netherlands
Eligible Countries: Applicants of all nationalities are eligible to apply to apply for this position.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Eligible candidates shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and not yet have been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-time equivalent research experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree (e.g. MSc) entitling him or her to embark on a doctorate (as a PhD student)
- Mobility Rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organisation, applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of their host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately prior to the recruitment date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
- English language: Network fellows (ESRs) must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- Eligible candidates can be of any nationality.
English Language Requirements: Network fellows (ESRs) must demonstrate that their ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
Two ESR PhD Positions in the Saltgiant ETN in France and Netherlands Application Procedure
How to Apply: Candidates can apply for the 2 positions available by sending a mail generated automatically by clicking on the links below. Candidates provide a CV, a motivation letter, the applicant’s research and technical background as they relate to the position and two reference letters as PDF documents attached to the email.
In case a candidate applies to more than one position: (1) a separate mail has to be generated for each submission, and (2) the submission email should include an indication of the primary (secondary…) choice.