A PhD can boost your earning potential and open new career doors. So go ahead and enriching your candidature by joining the Killam Doctoral Scholarships for International Students at the University of British Columbia.
The purpose of this studentship is to support those brilliant students who want to study the doctoral degree coursework for the academic year 2019-2020 in Canada.
The University of British Columbia is a global center for teaching, learning, and research. It is recognized as North America’s most international university and consistently ranking among the 40 best globally, and now places among the top 20 public universities in the world.
Why at the University of British Columbia? The university provides candidates high quality, research-driven education that transforms them into responsible, educated, employable and entrepreneurial citizens.
Application Deadline: September 17, 2019
UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in Canada Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of British Columbia
- Department: NA
- Course Level: Doctoral degree
- Award: $30,000 or $2,000
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Nationality: Canadian and international students
- The award can be taken in Canada
UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in Canada Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from Canada and all around the world
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: Doctoral degree in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: The applicant must have completed no more than 24 months of doctoral study as of the start date of the program. Therefore, applicants to the 2020-2021 competition must have completed no more than 24 months of doctoral study as of 1 September 2020.
How to Apply for UBC Killam Doctoral Scholarships for International Students in Canada
- Claimants must have to attach a letter of application in which the proposed study is outlined, a CV no longer than 1 a4 page, certified copies of all academic transcripts and names of two academic referees.
- For enrolling in Doctoral program, applicants need to hold the master’s degree (or equivalent) from an approved institution with clear evidence of research ability or potential.
- Entrants are required to have a good level of English language to study.
Benefits: The bursary will be awarded worth up to $30,000 per annum for two years and $2,000 allowance for research-related travel during the 24 months of the program and tuition.