The University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” is calling applications from foreign students to apply for its PhD scholarships by thematic areas in three Schools i.e. School in Polytechnics and Basic Sciences, School in Life Sciences, School in Human and Social Sciences.
The University of Campania Luigi Vanvitelli is a university located in the cities and territories of Caserta and Naples, from the region of Campania. It has been founded in late 1991. The Second University of Naples was its former name, as the university history was common between the School of Medicine and Surgery and University of Naples Federico II between the 19th and 20th centuries.
University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” PhD Scholarships for Foreign Students in Italy Description:
- Applications Deadline: June 30, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programs.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded by thematic areas in three Schools within the School in Polytechnics and Basic Sciences, School in Life Sciences, School in Human and Social Sciences.
- Scholarship Award: For the Academic Year 2019/19 the grant annual amount is 15.343,28 euros and it shall be paid every month after the attendance, study and research activities of the period.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available to foreign students.
- Number of Scholarships: Various scholarship positions are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” PhD Scholarships for Foreign Students in Italy:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available to foreign students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
The call for applications for the admission to the Research Doctorate Programmes is open to candidates, without any restrictions of age and nationality, in possession of one of the following titles:
- Second Cycle Degree or Single Cycle Degree attained in compliance with Ministerial Decree no. 270/2004;
- Degree achieved pursuant to the previous educational regulations (with a duration of at least four years);
- Equivalent degree issued by a foreign University.
Moreover, candidates holding the degree by September 4th, 2019 may submit the application to participate in the selection. In this case, applicants must submit to the “Ufficio per la Formazione alla Ricerca”, located in Caserta, Viale Ellittico, 31 – 81100 Caserta, by September 5th, 2019 no later than 1.00 p.m., under penalty of forfeiture:
- Self-certification stating the achievement of the graduation, required for admission, with an indication of the degree mark, the date and the name of the University that issued the degree.
- A copy of the thesis or an abstract of the submitted thesis.
All candidates are admitted to the selection procedure with reserve. The Administration may, at any time, by the reasoned provision, exclude the candidate for lack of the prescribed requirements. This provision will be communicated to the candidate by registered letter with acknowledgement of receipt.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” PhD Scholarships for Foreign Students in Italy:
How to Apply: a) Those wishing to apply for the ordinary competition must first proceed with compulsory registration in the appropriate electronic procedure. The application may be sent within the deadline by:
1) Registered mail with acknowledgment of receipt or express courier with the documentation indicated in the following article 5.
2) Certified mail at the following address: for those who make the payment of the fee for participation through the online procedure.
In this regard, the application will be considered valid only if sent by their own certified mail and not through non-certified e-mail or other certified addresses. If sending the application by certified mail, it is requested that the attached files be in pdf format (the maximum allowed file size is 20 MB). Only one application can be sent for each PhD course.
1) The electronic registration procedure is activated on the University of Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” website – www.unicampania.it – in the section: Servizi per student > concorsi on-line from the publication date of this call until the deadline;
2) On the same site, it is possible to find the information for the payment of the contribution for the participation in the tests for access to study courses;
3) It is a responsibility of the candidate to verify the correct conclusion of the procedure.
B) Printing and shipping phase:
1) The application for admission to the examinations – enclosure 1 – must be printed from the telematics procedure, following registration;
2) The application – enclosure 1 – duly signed in his/her own handwriting – accompanied by the documentation indicated in the present call and sent within the deadline exclusively by registered mail with return receipt or by express courier to the Centro di Servizio di Ateneo per la Ricerca – c/o Ufficio Protocollo – Università degli Studi della Campania “Luigi Vanvitelli” – Piazza Luigi Miraglia, Palazzo Bideri – 80138 NAPOLI (on the envelope candidates must write: “Domanda di ammissione ai Corsi di dottorato di ricerca”) or sent by certified mail to the following address: protocollo-at-pec.unicampania.it;
3) The application must be sent by June 30th, 2019. The respect of the deadline is proved by the postmark on the envelope if sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt or express courier or the date on which the application is sent by certified mail.
Candidates will be excluded from the present selection, if:
– The application for admissions has not been sent by registered mail with acknowledgement of receipt, express courier or individual certified mail within the deadlines set by the announcement;
– The application is not signed in his/her own handwriting;
– Candidates don’t include the original payment receipt of € 10.00 (euro ten) as a contribution for participation in the tests for access to the PhD courses.