The University of Groningen is awarding PhD positions in Soft Robotics starting in October 1, 2018. International students are eligible to apply for this position.
The goal of MAGNIFY is to design and realize a new generation of artificial muscles for robotic systems, characterized by high force-to-weight ratio, high flexibility, fast reacting properties, and intrinsic rigidity tuning.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
University of Groningen PhD Positions in Soft Robotics for International Students in Netherlands Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 15/July 16, 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Positions are awarded in soft robotics.
- Scholarship Award: The University of Groningen offers a salary of € 2,222 gross per month in the first year, up to a maximum of € 2,840 gross per month in the fourth and final year (in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities CAO NU), based on a full-time position (1.0 FTE), excluding a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income and a 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance. The positions are limited to a period of 4 years. A PhD training programme is part of the agreement and the successful candidates will be enrolled in the Graduate School of Science and Engineering.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: The two PhD positions will be part of the European Horizon2020 project MAGNIFY.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the University of Groningen PhD Positions in Soft Robotics for International Students in Netherlands:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful candidates should have:
A Master’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, applied physics, or in closely related disciplines
Excellent skills and practical experience in one or more of the following research areas: (soft) robotics, systems and control, MEMs, material science, nanofabrication and electrospinning
Strong academic credentials
Written and spoken English proficiency.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have written and spoken English proficiency.
Application Procedure for University of Groningen PhD Positions in Soft Robotics for International Students in Netherlands:
How to Apply: You may apply for this position until 15 July 23:59h / before 16 July 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Application should include:
• letter of motivation
• CV (including contact information for at least two academic references)
• transcripts from the Bachelor’s and Master’s degree.