The Information Systems Group at the Computer Science Department is inviting applications for PhD position for a project funded by the University of Groningen. International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
University of Groningen Scholarship Netherlands Description:
- Application Deadline: June 28 and before June 29, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Data-driven Runtime Process Performance Improvement.
- Scholarship Award: The PhD student will be enrolled in the PhD Scholarship Programme and receive a scholarship of € 2,099 per month (gross) from the University of Groningen for a period of 4 years.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the University of Groningen Scholarship Netherlands:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements:
Successful candidates will have completed a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the field of computer science, information systems, distributed systems, software engineering or another field of science relevant for the position. They have good command of English (oral and written), are enthusiastic and have the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team, have a passion for science, are highly motivated to work in the exciting area of research data-driven process performance improvement, possess excellent communication skills and an affinity for writing scientific papers and delivering presentations.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for University of Groningen Scholarship Netherlands:
How to Apply: You may apply for this position until 28 June 23.59 h / before 29 June 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
Please upload your entire application as “letter of motivation attachment” by means of the application form (click on ‘Apply’ below on the advertisement on the university website).
The submission should contain the following:
1. A cover letter introducing yourself, describing your motivation and qualifications to conduct scientific research, your expectations of the PhD programme and your choice for the particular project
2. A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications, presentations and developed software (if applicable), and a copy of your passport
3. S certified copy or scan of your MSc diploma (or equivalent; provide a certified University letter stating when your graduation will be if between the application deadline and start of the project) and academic records
4. Proof of sufficient competence in English
5. Names and contact details of two academic references
6. A research idea of 500 words. After the initial selection, only top candidates for each position will be invited to independently write a research proposal of approximately 2000 words in the context of the indicated research direction as listed above. The proposal should focus on the central research question, the proposed method of approaching and answering this question, as well as the project planning.