Your university experience will be more comfortable and affordable with a scholarship if you are planning to study abroad. The University of Kansas is offering multiple grants for international students.
The awards are open for new degree-seeking international first-year students and transfer students who wish to study in the United States.
The University of Kansas (KU) offers nearly 200 bachelor’s degrees options and hundreds of master’s and doctoral degrees options. KU established on 21 March 1865, and it has five campuses and several online programs.
Why at the University of Kansas? KU provides research, internship, study abroad, and other educational enrichment opportunities for its students. KU is committed to passing the highest-quality undergraduate, professional and graduate programs that are the best attainable anywhere in the country.
Application Deadline: 1 February for summer and fall term, 1 November for the spring term
University of Kansas international awards in the United States Brief Description
- University or Organization: University of Kansas
- Course Level: Degree level courses
- Award: Varies
- Access Mode: Online
- Number of Awards: NA
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
University of Kansas international awards in the United States Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all around the world are accepted
- Acceptable Course or Subjects: The program is available in any subject offered by the university
- Admissible Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must:
- Must be an international student intending to pursue a degree in the US
- New freshmen and transfer students are eligible to apply
- For KU International Excellence Award, freshmen and transfer applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA, a required SAT/ACT score, and also have good command in the English language.
- For KU International Merit Award, first-year freshmen applicants must have a minimum 3.25, GPA and SAT/ACT score preferred.
- For KU International Distinction Award, first-year freshmen applicants must have a minimum 3.25 GPA and an SAT/ACT score preferred.
- For KU International Achievement Award, first-year freshmen applicants must have a minimum 3.25 GPA, and an SAT/ACT score preferred.
- For KU International Transfer Award, transfer applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA and submit the essay and resume required.
- For Pie Theta Kappa Award, PTK members transferring from US community college students must have a minimum 3.25 GPA
How to Apply for University of Kansas international awards in the United States
- How to Apply: To be considered, international applicants must apply for admission to study at the University of Kansas. If you are a US citizen or permanent resident, you should apply through the KU Office of Admissions.
- Supporting Documents: Applicants must submit the following documents: Official transcripts, Official SAT or ACT scores, Official proof of English proficiency, Resume or CV, Choose three activities from your resume/CV, and Three letters of recommendation. PTK Scholarship candidates only: proof of PTK membership, A 500 word essay on one of the following topics: 1)Your personal and academic goals and how you hope to achieve them at KU, 2) Your field of study and specialized interests within this field, 3) The perspectives you hope to gain in the US and the ways you intend to use what you’ve learned upon your return to your home country, 4) A topic of your choice
- Admission Requirements:3.25 to 3.5 GPA required
- Language Requirement: Before you submit an application for the first time, make sure you know what English proficiency required to take admission at the university.
University of Kansas international awards in the United States Benefits
The University of Kansas is offering several awards as the following:
- KU International Excellence Award will provide full-tuition waiver value at $25,000 for freshmen and transfer students
- KU International Merit Award will provide $9,000 for first-year freshmen students only
- KU International Distinction Award will provide $6,000 for first-year freshmen students only
- KU International Achievement Award will provide $3,000 for first-year freshmen students only
- KU International Transfer Award will provide $3,000 – $7000 annually for transfer students only
- Pie Theta Kappa Award will provide $11,164 for PTK members transferring from US community college with 24 transferrable credit hour
- All awards are renewable like up to four years for first-year students and three years for transfer students, but students need to maintain a particular GPA at KU.