The Faculty of Education and Health Sciences at the University of Limerick is offering NISE and HRI PhD Scholarships available for 2018/19 registration. The successful candidate and their supervisory team will be expected to participate in scholarly activities related to the relevant Institute.
The University of Limerick (UL) is a university in Limerick, Ireland. Founded in 1972 as the National Institute for Higher Education, Limerick, it became a university in 1989 in accordance with the University of Limerick Act 1989. It has over 11,000 full-time undergraduate students, including over 2,400 international students, and 1,500 part-time students. There are over 800 research postgraduates and 1,300 postgraduate students receiving instruction at the university. Its co-operative education (“co-op”) programme gives all students an eight-month work placement as part of their degree, Ireland’s first such programme.
University of Limerick NISE and HRI PhD Scholarships Description:
- Applications Deadline: June 21, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: We welcome applications for the projects below which are based on our interdisciplinary research themes.
HRI Research Themes
- Lifestyle and Health
- Health Services Delivery
- Technology Enhanced Health
- Public Patient Involvement* (*Crosscutting theme)
NISE Research Themes
- Wellbeing, Inclusion and Social Justice
- STEM Education
- Education Leadership and Policy
- Teaching and Teacher Education
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships are for new PT or FT entrants and will cover fees and an annual pro rata stipend of €10000.
- Nationality: Available to EU as well as Non-EU students.
- Number of Scholarships: Six scholarships will be available for 2018/19 registration.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the University of Limerick NISE and HRI PhD Scholarships:
Eligible Countries: Available to EU as well as Non-EU students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to be eligible for the PhD scholarship, you should fulfil all of the following criteria:
- First class undergraduate or master’s degree in relevant discipline to each topic from a recognised higher education institution.
- Not yet registered for PhD elsewhere.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
Application Procedure for University of Limerick NISE and HRI Ph.D. Scholarships:
How to Apply: Applications can be completed by clicking the link here by Thursday 21st of June at 5 pm. Please upload your CV to the system.