The University of Malakand is offering SAFE Scholarships for Pakistani students. These scholarships cover one-year fees at the University of Malakand.
Founded in 2001, University of Malakand is a non-profit public higher education institution located in the large city of Chakdara (population range of 1,000,000-5,000,000 inhabitants), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Officially accredited and/or recognized by the Higher Education Commission, Pakistan, University of Malakand (UoM) is a small (uniRank enrollment range: 4,000-4,999 students) coeducational higher education institution. University of Malakand (UoM) offers courses and programs leading to officially recognized higher education degrees such as bachelor degrees in several areas of study. See the unit rank degree levels and areas of study matrix below for further details.
The University of Malakand is one of the public sector universities of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan, being established through a charter issued by the Governor Khyber Pakhtunkhwa on August 30, 2001, and is recognized by the Higher Education Commission, Islamabad. The University has been working sincerely towards the attainment of excellence as well as character-building; and to inculcate in its students the spirit of inquiry, research, dedication, and zeal, so that they will be able to bring prosperity in the country.
The need for a University in Malakand Division has been a felt since 1972, but due to political polarization between different political parties, the idea could not be materialized until 2001.
After the announcement, some legal points were raised by the provincial law department regarding establishing a university in the Provincially Administered Tribal Area under Article 247 of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, a very old impediment in opening a University in the area since 1973.
The issue was resolved by the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan who permitted the university through a Presidential Regulation. Hence, in a sense, this is the only university in Pakistan chartered by the highest seats of power in the country, the President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and the Governor of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa.
The provincial Governor, through a Gazette Notification No P-III dated 27 October 2001 (Extra Ordinary) formally announced a University for Lower Dir District on the premises of the defunct D.F.I.C (Dir Forest Industries Complex) at Chakdara.
The University of Malakand; abbreviated as UOM is a public sector university located at the bank of the Swat River in Chakdara, Lower Dir District of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
University of Malakand Pakistan SAFE Scholarships Description:
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2019
- Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate and Masters programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: The scholarships shall cover one-year fees at the University of Malakand.
- Number of Scholarships: Not Known
- Scholarship can be taken in Pakistan
Eligibility for the University of Malakand Pakistan SAFE Scholarships:
- Eligible Countries: Students from Pakistan are eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Eligibility: BSc and Masters Students facing financial difficulties (Students studying in their final Year/Semesters are encouraged to apply).
- English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for University of Malakand Pakistan SAFE Scholarships:
How to Apply:
- Download application by clicking here.
- Submit Duly Completed Application form to your respective Departments. (Incomplete Applications Will Not Be Processed)
- Appear before the Departmental Scholarships Committee for the initial interview
- Final interview of the shortlisted candidates and the award of Scholarships will be made by the SAFE Scholarship Committee.