The University of Messina (UniME) is delighted to offer up to 4 scholarships for international students academic year 2018/2019. Scholarships are available to pursue two-year master degree programme.
For the purposes of the Call, international students are those students holding a degree awarded by a foreign University (not Italian) whilst with the term “enrollment” it is considered the registration to the first year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale). Registration to the second year of a Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale), a transfer from another UniME degree course or from another University is not considered as enrollment.
The University of Messina is a public university located in Messina, Italy. Founded in 1548 by Ignatius of Loyola, it became the model for hundreds of Jesuit colleges. The university is organized in 11 Faculties.
All international applicants for whom English is not the native tongue must provide proof of competence in the English language.
University of Messina Master Scholarships for International Students in Italy Description:
- Applications Deadline: July 7, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue two-year master degree programme.
- Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Physics: Condensed Matter Physics for the ay 2018/2019.
- Scholarship Award: In accordance with the Call, the selected candidates will benefit from € 2,500 grant.
- Nationality: This scholarship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to four scholarships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility for the University of Messina Master Scholarships for International Students in Italy:
Eligible Countries: This scholarship is available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: In order to apply for the scholarship, candidates must hold: –
- A Bachelor degree awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enrol for the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (for the entry requirements please see Annex 1).
- One of the following certificate of English language: TOEFL iBT internet based (Test of English as a Foreign Language): 87 -109; ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages – Pitman): B2 IESOL Communicator; IELTS (International English Language Testing System – University of Cambridge): 5.5 – 6.5; ISE (Integrated Skill in English – Trinity College London): B2 ISE II; LCCIEB (London Chamber of Commerce & Industry Examinations Board): Level 5; FCE (First Certificate in English – University of Cambridge). Candidates from Countries, whose official language is English, do not need to hold a certificate in the English language.
In case of no certification, candidate’s language knowledge will be evaluated by a Commission through a Skype-based test. Tests will be conducted only using the Skype platform.
Application Procedure for University of Messina Master Scholarships for International Students in Italy:
How to Apply: In the application, candidates must upload the following documents (in English):
- Curriculum vitae
- Language certificate (if any)
- Bachelor degree/1st cycle degree diploma awarded by a foreign University recognized as being appropriate to enrol to the Master degree course (Laurea Magistrale) in Physics: Condensed Matter Physics (for the entry requirements please see Annex 1)
- Official transcript of records of previous studies in English or translated into Italian by a competent Italian authority (Embassy/Consular if abroad)
- Photocopy of a valid passport
After the first online access, it is possible to save the application and modify/integrate it in further sessions. The application will be processed only after submission (press “submit”)
Once the application is submitted it cannot be modified. The application will be processed only if duly filled in.
After the submission, students without any language certification (as required in art.2) must send their Skype account to the email account for the language test.