The Macau Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Macau to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments.
The University Of Queensland (UQ) is one of Australia’s leading research and teaching institute. We strive for excellence through the creation, preservation, transfer and application of knowledge. For more than a century, we have educated and worked with outstanding people to deliver knowledge leadership for a better world.
University of Queensland Macau Global Leaders Scholarship in Australia Description:
- Application deadline: 30 November 2020
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to Postgraduate Coursework.
- Study Subject: Scholarship is Awarded to citizens of Macau who undertake postgraduate coursework study in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics & Law (excluding the MBA).
- Scholarship Award: $5,000 tuition fee scholarship.
You will simultaneously develop your employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team, as well as receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, you will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon your professional networks at home and abroad.
- Nationality: Citizens of Macau, who normally reside in Macau and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Scholarship can be taken in Australia
Eligibility for the University of Queensland Macau Global Leaders Scholarship in Australia:
- Eligible Countries: Citizens of Macau, who normally reside in Macau and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Entrance Requirements: Students who wish to commence their program at UQ in Semester 1, 2020.
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship.
- Students who have received an unconditional offer for a relevant postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
English Language Requirements: If English is not your first language then you will need to show that your English language skills are at a high enough level to succeed in your studies.
Application Procedure for University of Queensland Macau Global Leaders Scholarship in Australia:
How to apply
- Lodge an official application online here for your chosen postgraduate coursework program. You must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for the scholarship.
- Receive a UQ Student ID Number and an unconditional offer (or a conditional offer providing that all conditions are to be met by the scholarship application closing date).
- Once you have received your offer, complete the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law International Scholarship Application Form online here. You will be required to submit the following with your scholarship application:
- Personal/motivational statement
This statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
– The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
– Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer, if available (in English). The academic reference letters should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.