Applications are Open to Apply for the UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa. This Internship in Japan is different from UTRIP Summer Internship in Japan 2020 [Fully Funded] & University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program Japan 2020 [Fully Funded]. The UTSIP Japan Summer Internship will be held at University of Tokyo, Kashiwa Campus.UTSIP Kashiwa, initiated by the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences in 2013, provides a hands-on research internship program in the departments of Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
The UTSIP 2020 is a Fully Funded Internship. The Duration of the Internship will be 6 Weeks & the Students with the follwoing disciplines or have interest in these disciplines Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies.
- Check out UTRIP Summer Internship in Japan 2020 [Fully Funded]
- RIPS 2020 Summer Internship in United States of America [Fully Funded]
- NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2020 [Fully Funded]
- UNIL Summer Internship in Switzerland 2020 [Fully Funded]
- University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program Japan 2020 [Fully Funded]
- CERN Summer Internship Student Program [Fully Funded] in Switzerland
- ETH Internship 2020 [Fully Funded] Summer Internship in Switzerland
- OIST Internship in Japan 2020 [Fully Funded] Japan Internship Program
UTSIP Stands For University of Tokyo Summer Internship Program. This is a paid internship in Japan. The internship Japan for international students is a Great Opportunity to complete Summer Internship in Japan & explore & they will see the Door open towards their Future Career. The Undergraduate students can apply for the UTRIP Internship in Japan.
UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Details
- Country: Japan
- University: University of Tokyo, Kashiwa Campus
- Duration: 6 Weeks
- Cost: Fully Funded
- Deadline: Thursday, January 31, 2020
UTSIP Internship Dates
2020 UTSIP Japan Summer Internship Kashiwa will offer two different programs & Yiu have to Choose Program A or B in Application Form
- Program A: June 3 (Mon) to July 12 (Fri), 2020
- Program B: June 24 (Mon) to August 2 (Fri), 2020
UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa Internship Areas
Biology, Chemistry, Environmental Studies, Information Technology, International Studies, Materials Sciences, Advanced Energy, Ocean Science, Physics and Sustainability Science Studies, BA/BS.
Division of Transdisciplinary Sciences
- Advanced Materials Science
- Advanced Energy
- Complexity Science and Engineering
Division of Biosciences
- Integrated Biosciences
- Computational Biology and Medical Sciences
Division of Environmental Studies
- Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Environment Systems
- Human and Engineered Environment Studies
- Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
- International Studies
- Graduate Program in Sustainability Science
UTokyo provides a UTSIP scholarship and accommodation to participants.
- UTSIP Scholarship amount: JPY 110,000 (JPY 110,000 is Enough for Six weeks.)
- Free Accommodation: UTSIP arranges and pays for the Accommodation
- Health insurance plan GSFS provides:
- Death or Physical Disability benefits : 1 million yen
- Medical Benefits: 1 million yen
- Liability: 100 million yen
- Air fare subsidy will not be paid to the participants in 2020. All travel expenses are participants’ responsibility.
- If you have applied or will apply for a different scholarship, please mention this on the Application page. Some past UTSIP participants received a stipend from the following organizations. Applicants are encouraged to apply a financial aid.
- Friends of UTokyo, Inc. (FUTI)
- MIT-Japan program
- Honda Foundation
- UCLA Terasaki Center for Japanese Studies (from 2020)
UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa Eligibility Criteria
- Participants must be in their undergraduate program at an overseas college or university throughout the entire duration of UTSIP program, and will not have completed their BA/BS degree.
- Participants are considering to matriculate graduate level study at the Graduate School of Frontier Sciences or other graduate schools at The University of Tokyo, or elsewhere in Japan
- Participants are required to participate in all activities including classes, laboratory work, and special events organized by UTSIP.
UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa Required Documents
Please prepare the application materials described below well in advance; upload in PDF or JPEG format.
Cover letter: Answer the following two questions within 500 to 700 words in total:
- Why did you choose the laboratory that you did, and what do you hope to acquire from the UTSIP experience? Be specific.
- Describe how qualified you believe you are to conduct for a research project in the laboratory you have chosen. Explain how you believe your experience and skills will enable you to successfully carry out a project.
Curriculum vitae: Form free (paper size A4, 2-3 pages)
- If you have participated in projects, please describe these experiences in detail. If you have participated in a research project related to the project you would like to conduct in UTSIP, please include this.
Copy of your transcript: The transcript should cover all the courses of your undergraduate level study up to the most recent completed academic period of study, and must be written in English or Japanese.
Recommendation letter: A recommendation letter should be written by someone who knows your current study well. For example a professor at your current university, a supervisor at your previous research internship.
Download the form of Recommendation letter from【here (MSWord/PDF】. We also accept a free format recommendation letter.
Your supervisor or professor can send a recommendation letter directly to us via e-mail (to: [email protected]) . The e-mail title must be ‘UTSIP 2020 Recommen letter for NAME OF APPLICANT’. In such cases, applicants are not informed of the content of the letter.
Certificate of Registration: This certificate verifies that you are actually a registered student at your university. There is no specific format for this. Your name, name of your university and faculty, year and month of entry will be checked.
Certificate of English proficiency: TOEFL (iBT, PBT), IELTS, or TOEIC score sheet. The most recent score report should be submitted. The following applicants are exempted from submitting a TOEFL or IELTS score report OR
- Applicants who are a student at a university where English is the official language.
Applicants should upload an official document issued by the university attesting to the language of education being English at the time of application.(English Profiency Certificate)
Copy of your passport: Page with your picture (if you have one). If you do not have a passport, submit an alternative ID with your name, photo and date of birth.
- Successful applicants who have not submitted a passport at the time of application must submit the page by late April, 2020.
Picture in digital data: Upper body, plain single-color background, taken within the last three months
The last date to apply for UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa is 5 pm (Japan time) Thursday, January 31, 2020.
How to Apply for UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 Kashiwa:
- Step 1: Choose Program A or B
- Step 2: Choose a professor/laboratory to work in from the host laboratory list
- Step 3: Apply through the UTSIP Online application system. Click on the Red Link Below to proceed to UTSIP Japan Summer Internship 2020 online application form.