West Bengal Scholarship 2020 are open apply now. Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India has released an official notification, calling out for domiciles of West Bengal to apply for the Government Scholarship. It is a Post-Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC students for West Bengal under Backward Classes Welfare Dept. The Samaj Kalyan Vibhag, Government of West Bengal has publicly released a notification for West Bengal Scholarship 2020 on its official site. All students who are eligible to get scholarship amount invited to check the official instructions carefully. According to the official news, the West Bengal Scholarship Registration has been started from 01st July 2020. Candidates should complete the application form and submit it on or before the closing date.
The government will give a fixed amount to the selected candidates direct to their bank accounts. The selection of the candidates will depend upon their documents submitted. After verifying the documents, the concerned department will shortlist the candidates and upload a list on the official website. For more updates about the registration starting date, ending date, documents needed, eligibility criteria and more, applicants are advised to see below section.
Students must have the residence of West Bengal state and minimum annual income of the student’s parents should not more than 2 lac are eligible to West Bengal Govt Scholarship 2020. Candidates who are studying in the 10th, 12th, Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Engineering, Management and other courses can use this West Bengal Govt Scholarship 2020-19. If you are one of them, then you can fill the online application form.
Every year Government of West Bengal provides a grant in form of the scholarship for the meritorious student’s secured minimum 50% or above score. Applying candidate of West Bengal Merit Scholarship visits the official website i.e. www.scholarships.gov.in. Find detailed information of WB Merit cum means scholarship scheme from here. Required attachments as mentioned in given below for registration process. Online Apply for West Bengal Scholarship is closed on Jan 2020.
Type of WB Scholarship Scheme
- Post Matric to SC/ST.
- Post Matric to OBC.
- Pre Matric to SC .
- Pre Matric to ST.
West Bengal Scholarship 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate must be the citizen of India and domicile of West Bengal.
- Applicant’s family annual income should not exceed 2 lakh.
- Students should have obtained minimum 50% marks in the last final examination of the Board/ University.
- Only online applications under Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme from the applicants having minimum 50% marks will be accepted.
- 30% Scholarship has been kept reserved for the Girl Students.
- The applications without uploading the documents will be rejected
Documents Required for West Bengal Scholarship
- Scanned copy of previous year mark sheet of students.
- Scanned copy of self-Declaration by the student.
- Scanned copy of parental Income Certificate.
- Student’s Bank A/C Pass Book.
- Scanned copy of Institute verification form.
- Student’s Photo.
- Scanned copy of Religion Certificate (Self Declaration).
How to apply for West Bengal Scholarship 2020
- Visit official web portal “www.scholarships.gov.in“.
- Go to the “New Registration” option on the home page.
- Enter all valid details and gain Login ID and Password.
- Save Registration ID or Login ID and Password carefully (for future use).
- Now log in with ID and password.
- Now hit the ‘Apply Online’ tab.
- Fill all the fields in the application form with important details and upload your photo.
- Upload the required documents and your photo.
- Check all the details once again carefully and submit the application.
- Now get a print out a hard copy for further use.
West Bengal Scholarship Application Form
In order to apply for the West Bengal student scholarship, follow the steps given here
- Log on to the official website of West Bengal Government. Click on the student’s registration option on the homepage. Select your city in West Bengal
- The application form will be displayed on the screen
- Enter the required detail attach the requisite documents for proof. Click to submit Complete the registration process
Visit OFFICIAL WEBSITE here
West Bengal Scholarship Amount
For OBC Students:
- Medical/Engineering/B.Sc. (Agri.)/ M. Phil/PDD/LL M etc INR 750 for Hosteller and 350 for Day; B.Pharm/ B. Nursing /LLB/Hotel Management/Post Graduate INR 510 for Hosteller and 335 for Day
- General courses up to graduate Level INR 400 for Hosteller and 210 for Day
- Classes XI & XII in 10+2 System Intermediate Courses/ITI/Polytechnic Courses INR 260 for Hosteller and 160 for Day
For SC/ST Students:
- Medical/Engineering/B.Sc. (Agri.)/ M. Phil/PhD/LLM etc INR 1200 for Hosteller and 550 for Day; B. Pharm/ B. Nursing /LLB/Hotel Management/Post Graduate INR 820 for Hosteller and 530 for Day
- General Courses up to graduate Level INR 750 for Hosteller and 300 for Day or;
- Classes XI & XII in 10+2 System Intermediate Courses/ITI/Polytechnic Courses INR 750 for Hosteller & 230 for Day
Last Date to apply for the Scholarship is 31st October 2020