World Health Organization Internship are open apply now. World Health Organization is currently accepting applications for WHO Internship Programme from candidates across the world. Candidates must be at least twenty years of age on the date of application. WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate. The duration of WHO internships is between six to twenty-four weeks depending on the needs of the WHO technical unit and the intern’s availability.
Field of Internship: WHO as the leader in global public health issues is committed to building a diverse pool of future leaders in public health. WHO’s Internship Programme offers a wide range of opportunities for graduate and postgraduate students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO while enriching their knowledge and experience in the health field, thereby contributing to the advancement public health.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: World Health Organization
An internship can be taken in candidates from across the world are invited to express interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters).
World Health Organization Internship Eligibility:
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You are at least twenty years of age on the date of application.
- You are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- You have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment.
- You possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field.
- You are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father).
- You are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment.
- You have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
World Health Organization Internship Description:
A competent and dynamic health workforce at the heart of each health system is essential to advance global health goals. Countries need to have a pool of health professionals who are trained and exposed to the systems and processes in the health sector and understand how stakeholders interact within the international health arena.
Number of awards offered: Not Known
Internship Duration: The duration of WHO internships is between six to twenty-four weeks depending on the needs of the WHO technical unit and the intern’s availability.
Notification: Not Known
How to Apply for World Health Organization Internship:
Candidates from across the world are invited to express interest in specific areas of work and organizational locations (regional offices, country offices or headquarters).
All applications should be made through the Global Vacancy Notice posted on the WHO Careers site using the WHO corporate recruitment system (Stellis).
Internship Application Deadline: Exceptionally in 2019, the first global call for registration opens on 15 March (instead of January) and closes on June 30, 2019.