Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum are offering apply now. Dear All, Applications are now open to apply for the Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum 2019. The Forum will be held in Sri Lanka. Keep in Mind this is a Fully Funded program.
Here is your chance to join Y4WC in the first youth-led forum, centered on finding solutions to wildlife conservation issues, empowering early-career conservationists in international policy-making, and developing the skills and networks of future conservation leaders. Taking place prior to and during the 18th gathering of the world’s biggest conservation policy-making convention, the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (or CITES CoP18 in short) in Colombo, Sri Lanka (20th-28th May, 2019).
Y4WC aims to fully engage and empower early-career wildlife conservationists in the CITES processes, and catalyze a new generation of wildlife conservation leaders committed to effective policy and management of wildlife that translates to practical, grassroot conservation efforts on the ground. Together we will contribute to the long-term conservation of wildlife worldwide.
We will gather a group of young conservationists from diverse backgrounds, aged between 18 and 30 to attend the in-person forum and CITES CoP, and engage the wider Y4WC network via an online forum experience. There are many ways to protect and conserve wildlife, just tell us what makes you committed to wildlife protection and conservation!
The Duration of the forum is 9 Days and the Forum will be held in Sri Lanka. This is the chance for you to join Y4WC. They are inviting Students from a Different Diverse background.
The aim is finding solutions to wildlife conservation issues, empowering early-career conservationists in international policy-making, and developing the skills and networks of future conservation leaders.
Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum 2019 Details
- Country: Sri Lanka
- Duration: 9 Days
- Dates: 20th – 28th May 2019
- Cost: Fully Funded
Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum Activities:
- Activities during the nine-day forum include a team field excursion, skills and capacity building workshops, debates and discussions with experts in the field and endless social events for networking.
- Successful applicants will need to demonstrate commitment to wildlife, environmental, conservation and/or sustainable community development issues to earn their place at the forum. You will need to be willing to devote time prior to and following the forum to engage with a wider online community, demonstrate how you will use what you learn, and contribute to the diversity of the group experience.
Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum Cost
All the Selected participants Travel and participation costs are covered by Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum (Y4WC).
Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum Eligibility Criteria
- Be between 18 and 30 years old on the 19th of May 2019
- Be able to commit to travel to Sri Lanka from the 19th-29th of May 2019
- Be able to understand and speak English (fluency is not required; however, the forum will be conducted in English and participants are expected to be comfortable in the language).
How to Apply for Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum
- Complete Online application. You may attach a separate page but you must adhere to the maximum word limits for each question. You can also apply online using the button below.
- Secure a letter of recommendation from a professional or community reference who is associated and/or familiar with your studies and/or work.
- Include a photo of yourself.
- Send it in and explore the rest of the Y4WC website.
The last date to apply for the Youth for Wildlife Conversation Forum 2019 is Wednesday, 31st of October 2019. The application must be completed and submitted with letter of recommendation and photo by 11:59 PM/ 23:59 GMT, Wednesday, 31st of October 2019.